Monday, February 11, 2008

Welcome to Affenschlaf.

Affenschlaf came to me in a dream.
The word, I mean.
Ironically enough, it translates to monkeysleep from the German.
I asked my German mother if she had ever heard the word and she said no.
Actually I think it was influenced by something my friend Capt. Scott says when he
pretends to speak Austrian.
His sounds maybe more like HAFFEN SNOF!
Anyway at first I thought I would use Affenschlaf as an album name for my imaginary band,
Los Neckos Rojos.
But then I just started saying Affenschlaf at big moments, like right before kicking the ball in
kickball.
Slowly it worked its way into my daily routine.
Now Affenschlaf has taken over my reality.
It's my mantra.
Affenschlaf is a way of life.
It's a lifestyle.
It's about quitting the "quote, unquote rat race" and sitting back to grab a nap.
Watching the fluffy old clouds float by slow-mo from your hammock.
Inner eyelid kaleidoscope.
Bananas and more bananas.
Daydreaming monkey in the sun.
Affenschlaf.





No comments: